Run for WOW
Join our “Runners for WOW” team at the upcoming Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon (STWM) on October 16, 2016.
Full marathon, half-marathon or the 5K walk or run, all levels of ability can do it!
Funds raised by “Runners for WOW” will go directly towards our Mobile Medical Clinics. These clinics bring medical teams and supplies into villages throughout sub-Saharan Africa. Providing access to essential medical care to those who would otherwise have none.
OTHER REASONS YOU SHOULD BE A “RUNNER FOR WOW”
- All runners receive the charity discount registration rate
- Exercise! As summer winds down often so does our physical activity. Running for WOW is great motivation to maintain fitness as the months get colder.
- You do not have to do it on your own! Become part of a team and train together to encourage one another to achieve your goals!
- If providing medical care for vulnerable communities in Zambia isn’t enough incentive to fundraise, we have prizes for our top fundraisers which we will announce after the race!
HOW TO BECOME A “RUNNER FOR WOW” IN FIVE EASY STEPS
- Contact us to receive your charitable discount code BEFORE registering (email or call 1-866-664-4673)
- Register as a participant in the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon on October 16, 2016 using your discount code. (IMPORTANT NOTES: 1) Your charitable discount code is entered in Step 3, not Step 1, leave Step 1 discount code blank and 2) Check “yes” in Step 3 that you want to participate in the Charity Challenge)
- After you receive your registration confirmation email, set up an online fundraising page for yourself to make collecting donations easy! If you are joining or creating a fundraising team, this is the stage to do so!
- Ask your family and friends to join in and/or make a donation to your fundraising page!
- Start training and then participate in the run (or walk) on October 16, 2016!
RESOURCES FOR DONORS
To help you give…
- Don’t have a team or individual in particular who you wish to support, but still would like to give to “Runners for WOW”? Click here and help us raise funds for Mobile Medical Clinics in WOW communities!
RESOURCES FOR “RUNNERS FOR WOW”
To help you fundraise…
- Despite the convenience of the online fundraising system, there may be some people in your network that prefer to sponsor you the “old-fashioned” way. In those instances, you can collect cash and cheques from your sponsors using this WOW Pledge Form and then submit them on your fundraising page following these instructions.
- Be sure to tell all your potential sponsors that 100% of the money they donate goes directly to WOW (the charity)!
- Share our “Runners for WOW” page on your social media accounts!
To help you run…
- We like to use the “Couch to 5K” smartphone app (just search for it) to help us gradually build up the ability to run 5K.
- You can also use Map My Run to track create routes and track your progress.
To help you connect…
- We will send out periodic emails to the “Runners for WOW” team to make sure everyone is staying motivated and updated with important information