Join our “Runners for WOW” team at the upcoming Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon on October 22, 2017
Full marathon, half-marathon or the 5K walk/run, all levels of ability can do it!
Funds raised by “Runners for WOW” will go directly towards our Mobile Medical Clinics. These clinics bring medical teams and supplies into villages throughout sub-Saharan Africa. Providing access to essential medical care to those who would otherwise have none.
OTHER REASONS YOU SHOULD BE A “RUNNER FOR WOW”
All runners receive the charity discount registration rate
Exercise! As summer winds down often so does our physical activity. Running for WOW is great motivation to maintain fitness as the months get colder.
You do not have to do it on your own! Become part of a team and train together to encourage one another to achieve your goals!
HOW TO BECOME A “RUNNER FOR WOW” IN FOUR EASY STEPS
Become a participant in the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon using your discount code.
Important Notes: You charitable discount code is entered in step 3, not step 1 when registering. Check “yes” in step 3 that you want to participate in the Charity Callenge.
After you receive your registration confirmation email, set up an online fundraising page to make collecting donations easy! If you are joining or creating a fundraising team, this is the stage to do so.
Psst… Join the “Runners for WOW” team.
4. Make the ask
Ask your family and friends to join in and/or make a donation to your fundraising page!
Remember: This is more than just giving to your run, this is providing access to healthcare for people who need it!
Plus 100% of the donations go directly to WOW!
RESOURCES FOR RUNNERS
- There may be some people in your network that prefer to sponsor you the “old-fashioned” way. You can collect cash and cheques from your sponsors using this WOW Pledge Form and then submit them on your fundraising page following these instructions.
- Share our “Runners for WOW “page on your social media accounts!
To help you run:
- We like to use the “Couch to 5K” smartphone app (just search for it) to help us gradually build up the ability to run 5K.
- You can also use Map My Run to track create routes and track your progress.
RESOURCES FOR DONORS
To help you give…
- Don’t have a team or individual in particular who you wish to support, but still would like to give to “Runners for WOW”? Click here and help us raise funds for Mobile Medical Clinics in WOW communities!
Now all you need to do is start training to run or walk on October 22nd!